Advantage Engineers provided engineering services for a tower in Frackville, PA. The tower designed and erected in 2008 in accordance with the ANSI/TIA/EIA-222-F standards for the installation of antennae for six wireless carriers, was rendered non-compliant when the more recent ANSI/TIA/EIA-222-G standards were adopted with only one carrier installed and one additional proposed tenant. Structural reinforcements were designed to bring the existing tower structure into code compliance for the projected load for the ultimate number of wireless carriers.
Advantage Engineers performed structural analysis and implemented reinforcement design for our client utilizing Advantage's Structural, Geotechnical, and Telecommunications specialists, completing the following design and installations:
- Geotechnical investigation to determine in-situ soil properties as required for analysis of existing base foundation and dead-man anchors
- Three new sets of guy wires at new elevations
- Replacement of two existing sets of guy wires
- New inner dead-man anchors
- New redundant horizontal bracing
- Modification of the existing base foundation due to overstress in bearing and flexure