< Back Telecommunications
Pitkin County Broadband Engineering & Consulting Services
Advantage Engineers is currently providing broadband consulting and engineering services for Pitkin County, Colorado. Upon completion, Advantage will provide a customized and comprehensive needs assessment and feasibility study for Pitkin County including developed middle mile and last mile connectivity solutions, identified partnerships, financial modeling as well as design, engineering and construction estimates.
Also included in the scope of work, Advantage will provide Pitkin County with thorough operational and organizational recommendations for maintaining the network. Advantage anticipates the continued partnership with Pitkin County through the implementation phase.
Drawing from extensive experience, Advantage is undertaking this project paying careful attention to the unique circumstances and specific needs of Pitkin County including its high mountainous terrain. In particular, Advantage places high importance on increasing broadband connectivity and accessibility to the unserved and underserved communities in the region.
Advantage’s need assessment process includes the following elements:
- Identification of key stakeholders and additional partners;
- Identification of all potential funding sources and resources available including developing strategies for pursuing federal funding programs;
- Market research of the residential marketplace;
- Review of all existing public and private assets available to be leveraged;
- Review of existing right of way entitlements, easements, franchise agreements and pole attachment agreements that could be leveraged;
- Development of financial model and pricing;
- Development of a public-private partnership model that suits the needs of the County;
- Site visit to the priority areas, communities and comprehensive review of terrain.